Saturday, October 20, 2012

Wow, My photos was published in National Geographic!

Never before have imagined that photo I've taken could appear in the National Geographic magazine! The magazine is known as the most famous science magazine of the world that of course have a high standard of documentation photos to display in the magazine. Thank god that the photos I took had considered as presentable photos. Alhamdulillah ...

How it can be??
Here's the story ..

Initially I learned about photography is self-taught. I've learned cameras from my offices ranging from an ordinary digital camera, semi SLR to DSLR, I've tried to master it. Other than that I learned how to take pictures and tricks, whether they are from the internet or from the related article. Consequently, the ability to increase quite rapidly. And fate also determines if I was given the responsibility to use my office DSLR camera (Nikon brand). Of course I freely implement exercises and enhance capabilities in the field of photography.

Until finally comes that opportunity. Tim Folger, a journalist from National Geographic magazine came to Indonesia to cover and write articles related to the tsunami in Indonesia. This article is one part of the complete articles and the tsunami in Asia Pacific. And I've been trusted to assist in taking the photo documentation of activities. Taking the documentation continues at several locations in the city of Padang and Padang Pariaman, West Sumatra. In essence, Tim Folger tried to collect materials writing and course development activities related to disaster preparedness earthquake and tsunami by schools and communities in the two cities / districts.

Photos displayed on NatGeo magazine is photos I took when the earthquake and tsunami evacuation drill at an elementary school in the city. I tried to focused as possible as with the right angle and moment. I ran from one spot to another frequently because its events take place very quickly. Tired hell .. But after seeing the results I was quite satisfied.

And after completing his article Tim Folger, NatGeo Magazine asked to submit photos of quality according to the coverage. And Jreeng ... in the month of February 2012, the photos that appear in the famous magazine. Whew .. it's a rare opportunity that only a few people in the world who can get it. Feel proud hehehe .. although the pictures were courtesy by the office, they are clearly was taken by me.

you can see the results in the link:  

0 Komentar:

Post a Comment

Mohon Maaf, saya terpaksa membatasi komen di laman saya hanya untuk yang memiliki akun google, berhubung ada yang suka nge-spam di blog ini. Harap dimaklumi..

Created By Sora Templates